The Urban Sports Week is the stage in the Netherlands where urban athletes show their skills and lasts until August 28. In Nieuw-West children and youth can participate in activities at House of Urban Sports and on A. Nouriplein in Geuzenveld.
Urban sports communities
This week urban sports, lifestyle and culture come together. Urban athletes show their skills to a large audience. The Urban Sports Week Amsterdam is also a highlight for the urban sports communities in the city. They open their doors for free to anyone who wants to get to know their sport. Children and youth can participate in various activities throughout the city, such as roller discos, weightball, jumprope, 3×3 basketball and inline skating. Anyone can participate for free, even without experience.
Urban Sports in New-West
In Nieuw-West we have the indoor Urban Sports Hub of the Netherlands: House of Urban Sports (HUS). The skate park is located in the old building of the Academy for Physical Education at Sportpark Ookmeer.
And there are numerous events in which you can participate. Whether you have a little experience or not at all, everyone is welcome!
House of Urban Sports (HUS)
- Friday, August 19 from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.: Super Sesh Inline skating, trial lessons at Skateboardschool, NK Park Contest + Amsterdam Knock Out and more…
- Tuesday, August 23 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Trial lessons Skateboard School for 12+ participants.
- Thursday, August 25 from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.: Super Sesh Roller Skating
- Saturday, August 27 from 10:00 to 19:00: Inline skating, NK Park Contest + Amsterdam Knock Out.
- Sunday 28 August from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Stunt Scooters, Scooter Competition.
- Wednesday, August 24 from 14.00 to 18.00 hours: Panna KO Preliminary Round Nieuw-West.